General Questions:

Regular business hours for Weaver City Hall are Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

The splash pad operational hours are firmly set as follows:  daily from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend).

Each of the five (5) pavilions in Elwell Park can be reserved in 4-hour increments for $25.00 per increment.  Reservations must be paid-in-full in order to be confirmed.  To make a reservation, visit Weaver City Hall or call (256) 820-1121 extension 103, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

The Weaver Meeting Center is available to rent for reunions, parties, gatherings, etc. in 4-hour and 8-hour increments, and there is a large pavilion with a grill located directly behind the building.  For more information or to make a reservation, call (256) 820-1121 extension 103, Monday through Friday from  7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Limb pick up is available inside the city limits as long as the wood is still in its natural state; the city is not allowed to pick up any wood that has been processed.  Limbs must not exceed ten (10) inches in diameter and eight (8) feet in length, and leaves and pine straw must be bagged.  To request a limb pick up, call Weaver City Hall at (256) 820-1121 extension 101 Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Contact the Public Works Director by calling (256) 820-1121 extension 105 or by emailing to report an outage.

Call the Weaver Police Department at (256) 820-0530 to speak to the Police Dispatcher.

Water Questions:

We gladly accept CASH, CHECKS, MONEY ORDERS, and DEBIT / CREDIT CARDS in the drive-thru during regular business hours; the drop box is available after hours for checks and money orders.  There is a small fee to use your card.  Pay your bill ON-LINE for the same fee.  Be aware that there are several third-party websites, like your bank and, that allow you to pay your bill; they are NOT affiliated with the City of Weaver.  BANK DRAFT is also available; sign up inside Weaver City Hall, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

The water meter is located in a black plastic box in your yard, usually near the road.  When you open the lid, you can read the numbers on the face of the meter.  There are seven (7) number in total.  It will always end in a “zero” because it goes up in 10-gallon increments; ten gallons of water has to pass through the meter in order for the number to change.

The water meters belong to the City of Weaver and are read between the 1st and the 10th day of each month.  Bills are mailed on the 19th of each month and are due by the 10th of the following month.  A 10% late charge is added to bills paid after the 10th.  We bill one month behind.  The previous and current readings are located on your bill, and you are only charged for the amount of water that passes through the meter. 

Make sure everything that uses water is turned off in your house.  The water meter is located in a black plastic box in your yard, usually near the road.  When you open the lid, there is a small triangular dial on the face of the meter that spins when water passes through the meter.  If the dial is spinning, water is passing through the meter; therefore, you may have a leak.  If the dial is NOT spinning, water is not CURRENTLY passing through the meter.

PLEASE NOTE: The water department cannot assist in determining where the water goes after it passes through the meter, and you may need to contact a plumber.

To view a chart with examples of items and the gallons they use, click HERE

The water meters are the property of the City of Weaver, and they have a cut-off valve for the City to use.  Each structure should have its own cut-off valve accessible by the homeowner located between the meter and the house in case of an emergency.  If you do not have your OWN cut-off valve, an employee from the water department can turn off the water at the meter for you.  A $25.00 fee is applicable if the request is during regular business hours; an $80.00 after hours fee is applicable after 2:30 pm.  If anyone damages or breaks the city’s cut-off valve, additional fees will be charged.

PRESSURE REGULATORS control how high the pressure is going into the house.  If the water pressure inside your house is HIGH, you may need a pressure regulator installed.  If the water pressure inside your house is LOW, turn on a water faucet outside your house.  If the pressure at an outside faucet is normal, the issue is most likely inside your house (with the pipes, with the screens on the faucets, etc.).  If it is low outside as well, your pressure regulator might need to be repaired or replaced.

Because pressure regulators are located on personal property and are maintained by the homeowner, they cannot be repaired or replaced by the city.  The water department is responsible for providing 20 lbs. of pressure at the water meter.  For more information, contact the Public Works Director at (256) 820-1121 extension 105.

Sanitation Questions:

You can request an additional can by calling Weaver City Hall at (256) 820-1121, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.  There is an additional charge per month at the same rate as the first can, and it must be requested by the account holder.

Bagged household garbage ONLY goes in the containers provided.  Items and/or bags lying loose near the cans will NOT be picked up.  Place the can at the end of the driveway by the road; the handles should face AWAY from the street.  If the garbage is not bagged or the can is facing the wrong way, the garbage might be scattered on the ground or in the road.

Unfortunately, bulk items cannot be picked up with regular garbage.  Owners must dispose of bulk items at local landfills designed for such materials.  Bulk items include, but are not limited to: lumber, sheetrock, carpet, metal, old furniture, appliances, etc.  The Calhoun County Landfill periodically offers “free” days and can be reached at (256) 236-2411 or by visiting

  1. Was my can out the night before?  Put your garbage can out the night before your pick up day.
  2. Was my can too close to another object?  Allow at least three (3) feet of space on each side of the can for the arms of the truck, and the handles must be facing AWAY from the street.
  3. Does my can have anything in it other than household garbage?  The can will NOT be emptied if it contains any of the following remodeling type materials: lumber, sheetrock, carpet, metal, old furniture, appliances, building materials, plastic, PVC, or wood with nails attached.  Just because it came out of your house does not mean it is “household” garbage.